Childrens Learning Essay
Unit Title: Understand employment responsibilities and rights in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
Unit number: 201 Unit reference: R/602/2954
Produce an employee document/handbook that has information on Employee Rights And Responsibilities. Your document should consist the pointers outlined below.
1 statutory responsibilities and rights of employees and employers
Rights at work
Your rights at work will depend on:-
Your contract of employment cannot take away rights you have by law. So if, for example, you have a contract which states you are only entitled to two weeks' paid …show more content…
• the right not to have illegal deductions made from pay. This applies from the day the employee starts work.
• the right to paid holiday. Full-time employees are entitled to at least 28 days a year. Part-time employees are entitled to a pro rata amount
• the right to time off for trade union duties and activities. This applies from the day the employee starts work. The time off does not necessarily have to be paid. Employees also have the right to be accompanied by a trade union representative to a disciplinary or grievance hearing. If an employee takes part in official industrial action and is dismissed as a result, this will be an automatically unfair dismissal
• the right to paid time off to look for work if being made redundant. This applies once the employee has worked for two years for that employer.
• the right to time off for study or training for 16-17 year olds. This applies from the day the employee starts work
• the right to paid time off for ante natal care.
• the right to paid maternity leave.
• the right to paid paternity leave
• the right to ask for flexible working to care for children or adult dependents –
• the right to paid adoption leave
• the right to ask for flexible working
• the right to take unpaid parental leave for both men and women (if you have worked for the employer for one year) and the right to reasonable time off to